Founding of  Oswald Niedecker Metallwarenfabrik oHG on 1st March 1922, producing tools for sheet metal working and forming. <a id="1922"></a>Company founders: Elisabeth and Oswald Niedecker The first voiding separator for the DCE Double-Clipper is patented. This development revolutionises sausage production worldwide and leads to humanisation of the workplace in the meat processing industry. The Filling-Clipping Machine FCA 3401, with reel clips, allows the automatic production of portion sausages for the first time. ICA 8700 with revolutionary iris separator – large calibres at record speed! New clip generation for maximum automation: the R-ID Clip for tight sausage closure, up to bacteria-proof, processed by the fully automatic FCA 160 New company headquarters in Hattersheim a. M. (Frankfurt/Rhein-Main Metropolitan Region)

1st March 1922: Founding of Oswald Niedecker Metallwarenfabrik oHG

1922: Company founders Elisabeth and Oswald Niedecker

1958: Automatic Double-Clipper DCE – the invention revolutionises sausage production.

2007: Fully Automatic Double-Clipper FCA 160 and first Automatic Filling-Clipping Machine FCA 3401 from 1967

2001: ICA with revolutionary iris separator – large calibres at record speed!

2007: New clip generation – the R-ID Clip for tight sausage closure, up to bacteria-proof

2011: New company headquarters in Hattersheim a. M.



Company history

Poly-clip System is the world market leader in clip closure technology. Without the invention of the clip and of the double-clipping process, industrial sausage production as we know it today would never have occurred.


  • 2017

    2017 - 2011

    2017 
    •  Columbit Pty Ltd in Australia and Columbit New Zealand Ltd become part of the worldwide network.
    2016 
    •  FCHL 160, Automatic Clipping/Hanging Machine for efficiency increases of up to 25%
    •  FCA 140/FCA 100 Automatic Double-Clipper: shortest downtime and fully hygienic conveyor belt
    2015 
    •  PROPATEC S.A. established in Peru and Hrana-Tec d.o.o. in Croatia become part of the worldwide network.
    •  FCA 90, air-free slack filling with up to 300 mm total spreading
    •  Poly-clip System is DIN EN ISO 50001 certified – sustainability, energy management
    2014 
    •  FCA 80 – the entrance into the FCA class
    2013 
    •  DIN EN ISO 22000 certification for clip and loop production
    2012 
    •  Darimex Techno S.R.L. in Romania become part of the worldwide network.
    •  The clip-tube® is winner of the 2012 German Packaging Award.
    2011 
    •  New company headquarters in Hattersheim a. M. (Frankfurt/Rhein-Main Metropolitan Region)
    •  Market launch of the CBS Cap Bonding System and clip-tube®
  • 2010

    2010 - 2001

    2010 
    •  A world first: unattended smoke trolley loading with robot
    •  Founding of OOO Poly-clip System in the Russian Federation
    2009 
    •  Hrana-Tec d.o.o. in Serbia become part of the worldwide network.
    2008 
    •  Clips & loops – SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS quality certificate
    •  TSCA 65 D with hydraulic dosing pump HDP for chemical/technical products
    2007 
    •  New clip generation for maximum automation: the R-ID Clip for tight sausage closure, up to bacteria-proof, processed by the fully automatic FCA 160
    •  85th company anniversary and 50 years of R-Clip (reel clip)
    2006 
    •  Vaessen-Schoemaker Industrial S.A.U. in Spain and Vaessen-Schoemaker Portugal Lda. become part of the international network.
    2005 
    •  FCA 3430-18: the fastest universal clipping machine in the world
    2004 
    •  Two-in-one: clipping and sealing with the TSCA 65
    2003 
    •  SysmaTec bvba (formerly Poly-clip System) in Belgium become part of the international network.
    2002 
    •  GIDATEK MAKİNE TİCARET LTD. ŞTİ. in Turkey become part of the international network.
    2001 
    •  ICA 8700 with revolutionary iris separator – large calibres at record speed!
  • 2000

    2000 - 1991

    2000 
    •  Interfood Systems Limited in Great Britain become part of the international network.
    1999 
    •  Techpartner S.r.l. (formerly Poly-clip System S.r.L.) in Italy bcome part of the international network.
    •  PPH Promar Sp. z o.o in Poland become part of the international network.
    1998 
    •  The professional clipper for small and medium-sized operations, the PDC 600/700, begins its highly successful advance.
    1997 
    •  75th company anniversary
    •  AITECH (formerly Poly-clip System) in France become part of the international network.
    •  FoodLine System BV (formerly Poly-clip System) in the Netherlands become part of the worldwide network.
    1996 
    •  Launch of the Easy Clip Line®, specially developed for packaging poultry in bags
    •  Project Food Kft. (formerly Poly-clip System) in Hungary become part of the international network.
    1995 
    •  Internationalisation of the brand: Poly-clip System S.A. in Argentia, Poly-clip System in China und Inopack Czech Republic s.r.o. (formerly Poly-clip System) in the Czech Republic become part of the worldwide network.
    1993 
    •  Production of the 1,000th Automatic Double-Clipper FCA 3415.
    1991 
    •  Poly-clip System is adopted as the uniform brand name in the market. The family name Niedecker recedes into the background in favor of the product name.
    •  Poly-clip System sales exceed 100 million DM.
  • 1990

    1990 - 1981

    1990 
    •  Frank Niedecker joins the family business.
    1986 
    •  First double-clipper FCA with pneumatic casing brake
    1981 
    •  Poly-clip sales exceed 50 million DM.
    •  The first Automatic Sealing Machine TSA is built.
  • 1980

    1980 - 1971

    1980 
    •  First Poly-clip activities in China
    1978 
    •  Manufacture of the 1,000th Automatic Double-Clipper FCA 3401.
    1977 
    •  Internationalisation of the brand: Poly-clip System in the USA (formerly US-Clip Corporation) and TECH FORUM (formerly Poly-clip System) in Austria
    1975 
    •  Automatic Double-Clipper FCA-SUPER 3451 with voiding separator is patented.
    •  Automatic looper GSA and labyrinth clip are patented.
    1973 
    •  The Automatic casing brake is developed.
    1972 
    •  Registered trade mark "poly-clip" is announced worldwide.
    •  Development of the first loop knotter, which replaces loop production by homeworkers.
    1971 
    •  Internationalisation of the brand: founding of Poly-clip System Ltda. in Brazil.
  • 1970

    1970 - 1961

    1970 
    •  For reasons of capacity, the production of clips is moved to Gedern.
    1967 
    •  The Filling-Clipping Machine FCA 3401, with reel clips, allows the automatic production of portion sausages for the first time.
    •   First Poly-clip activities in the Russian Federation
    1966 
    •  Development of the S-Clip with rhomboid cross-section.
    1962 
    •  First participation in the IFFA exhibition in Munich.
  • 1960

    1960 - 1951

    1959 
    •  Founding of Niedecker Verschlußtechnik GmbH (NVT), the parent company of the current Poly-clip System, which brings together all the activities associated with sausage production.
    1958 
    •  The first voiding separator for the DCE Double-Clipper is patented. This development revolutionises sausage production worldwide and leads to humanisation of the workplace in the meat processing industry.
    •  The trade mark "poly-clip" is registered.
    1957 
    •  Invention of the reel clip (clips on reels, patented)
    •  The idea of closing sausages with metal clips is conceived during an exchange at an exhibition.
    1952 
    •  On 01.03.1952 Herbert Niedecker takes charge of the company and its 50 employees.
  • 1950

    1950 - 1941

    1950 
    •  Complex punched and formed parts, mainly brake parts for the automotive industry, are manufactured.
    1948 
    •  After the death of her husband, Oswald, Elisabeth Niedecker takes over running of the company until 1952.
  • 1940

    1940 - 1931

    1932 
    •  The company Niedecker is one of the most successful lead seal manufacturers in Germany.
  • 1930

    1930 - 1921

    1922 
    •  Founding of Oswald Niedecker Metallwarenfabrik oHG on 1st March 1922, producing tools for sheet metal working and forming.
    •  Company founders: Elisabeth and Oswald Niedecker